Stabilisation and Conflict Learning Resource
The Stabilisation Unit is a centre of expertise on conflict and stabilisation, and home of the UK Government’s lesson learning on stabilisation work. We are committed to learning by sharing resources and lessons from our work. This resource is a hub of knowledge and guidance on stabilisation, conflict and security issues.
"The Stabilisation Unit is committed to being an internationally recognised centre of expertise on stabilisation, conflict and security. This resource is a part of our commitment to capture and share lessons and good practice, aiming to inform policy and improve impact. I hope that you will find it useful, and please feel free to get in touch with any comments and suggestions."
– Mark Bryson-Richardson, Stabilisation Unit Director
What's on the Learning Resource
- Top 10 Reads: A starting point for reading on conflict and stabilisation
- Publications: Guidance and technical advice for stabilisation professionals
- Training: Course materials for our thematic training courses
- Seminars: Readouts from our regular seminars
- CSG Portal: Information relevant to members of the Civilian Stabilisation Group, including job opportunities
Interested in joining our Civilian Stabilisation Group (CSG)?
SU is currently undertaking a CSG recruitment drive and is looking to recruit individuals with experience of working on and in fragile and conflict-affected states to the CSG Categories listed below. Please take particular notice of our newly launched Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Category. In addition, SU is also seeking CSG applications to any CSG Category from individuals with the below cross-cutting skills.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Gender, Conflict and Stability
Extremism, Violent Extremism and Terrorism (EVET)
Monitoring and Evaluation
Further information and details on how to apply can be found on our gov.uk page.